Grounding yourself means to connect yourself with Mother Earth’s energy and to be fully present in the moment. You should not be distracted by any thoughts or external influences, in other words, you should be fully in the present moment.
When meditating and thoughts creep in and take over, just remember to refocus on your breathing and never chastise yourself. I just smile!
- Sit with your feet flat on the floor, back straight and close your eyes
- Take a slow deep breath in, feel your stomach rise, hold for a second and then gently exhale
- Repeat four times
- Allow your breathing to return to normal
- Once ready, visualise your root chakra at the base of your spine by seeing a red glow, slowing expanding out encompassing your legs and feet each time you gently exhale
- You feel safe and secure while the red glowing mist continues to expand
- With each expansion, imagine tree roots growing from your feet and penetrating the floor, travelling down through the concrete, the soil and down to the very core
- You know you’ve reached the core as it’s peaceful there. It’s like an empty hollow with a pool of inviting golden liquid that shines bright
- You sit down and dip your feet into the liquid
- You sit there for a while and enjoy the tranquillity and watch the shimmers of gold and violet white dance off the surfaces surrounding you, feeling relaxed and safe
- As you slowly breathe in, you feel the golden liquid rise up your legs, cruising through your veins and it feels refreshing. You feel its magic and with each inhale, it rises higher and higher until it reaches your central core
- Inhale again and you’re enveloped with a violet white light that is protective and healing. You feel a strong sense of connection with Mother Earth and you feel at one with yourself. You feel grounded!
- After a minute you are ready to return and you feel yourself gently flying upwards until you feel your feet firmly on the floor and your bottom firmly on the surface
- Focus your attention back onto your breathing and you can open your eyes and say thank you to Mother Earth for her healing energy
Please note that I don’t have any qualifications to manage your mental health and I can only offer you general advice from my own experiences. Please consult your GP if you’re struggling with your mental health as they will get you the help you need.