Grounding yourself means to connect yourself with Mother Earth’s energy and to be fully present in the moment. You should not be distracted by any thoughts or external influences, in other words, you should be fully in the present moment and switch off your phone.
When meditating and thoughts creep in and take over, just remember to refocus on your breathing and never chastise yourself. I just smile!
- Sit with your feet flat on the floor, back straight and close your eyes. You can choose to do this lying down if that’s more comfortable
- Take a slow deep breath in while counting to four, feel your stomach rise, hold for four seconds and then gently exhale for four seconds
- Repeat four times and when breathing in, imagine white healing light, flooding your body. When exhaling, imagine expelling all of the negativity and stress you have been holding
- Allow your breathing to return to normal
- Once ready, visualise your root chakra at the base of your spine by seeing a red glow, slowly expanding out encompassing your legs and feet each time you gently exhale
- You feel safe and secure while the red glowing mist continues to expand
- With each expansion, imagine tree roots growing from your feet and penetrating the floor, travelling down through the concrete, the soil and down to the very core of Mother Earth
- Take as long as you like to get there
- You know when you’ve arrived as it’s peaceful here. It’s like an empty hollow with a pool of golden liquid, shining brightly, inviting you to sit down, dip your feet in and stay for a while
- Take as long as you like here and enjoy the tranquillity while watching the shimmers of gold and violet white reflecting off the surface, surrounding you and making you feel relaxed and safe
- As you slowly breathe in, you feel the golden liquid rising up your legs, cruising through your veins and it feels refreshing. You feel its magic and with each new inhale as it rises higher and higher until it reaches your central core
- On your next inhale, you see a violet white light enveloping you making you feel safe, secure, peaceful and re-energised. You feel a strong sense of connection with Mother Earth and you feel at one with yourself.
- You feel grounded!
- YOU ARE GROUNDED!
- When you are ready to return, feel yourself gently rising upwards until you become aware of your actual surroundings
- Focus your attention back onto your breathing and you can open your eyes and say thank you to Mother Earth for her healing energy
Please note that I don’t have any qualifications to manage your mental health and I can only offer you general advice from my own experiences. Please consult your GP if you’re struggling with your mental health as they will get you the help you need.