In this article, we will explore how we can meditate with crystal gemstones and the benefits of doing so, plus we will also explore why we are drawn to particular crystal gemstones.
I also perform these workshops in person as well as online, so please do get in touch if you’re interested in learning more.
Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation
Firstly, meditating with crystal gemstones is a form of mindfulness meditation, which is the practice of remaining in the present and not worrying about the past or the future.
Worry can cause unnecessary stress and anxiety, plus it’s a waste of our precious energy.
Being mindful of our present moment by using our senses, prevents us from staying on the ‘drama roundabout‘ and potentially growing that initial thought, to be far more spectacular and outrageous than an episode of Emmerdale and guess what?
That initial thought was just a thought, with no energy and no soap opera attached to it, until you stopped it in its tracks and made it happen!
That initial thought will more than likely not come true!
Yes, I’ve been there with my anxiety, to the point that my drama roundabout was so far fetched and emotional that it made me cry. 🙁
If you have a problem that’s causing you anxiety, then please don’t avoid it. Talk to someone and take steps to practically resolve it. If however, you’re stepping on the drama roundabout, it’s time you jumped off and used your senses to become aware of the present situation.
Live in the present, not in the past or in the future. I have numerous articles about my anxiety and what I found helped me that can be read in the mindfulness and meditation blogs.
When meditating with crystals, we become mindful due to our senses of sight, touch and smell.
Practising mindfulness meditation for at least 5 minutes a day, can bring numerous health benefits.
- Better management of stress, anxiety and depression
- Build self-esteem
- Increases your attention span
- Improve your memory
- Help you to get better sleep
- Control pain
By adding a crystal gemstone to mindfulness meditation, you are gaining further benefits such as: –
- Adding energy medicine while holding a crystal gemstone
- Performs healing while you’re meditating
- Helps you to develop a strong intuitive relationship with your crystal gemstone
- Will help you to maintain focus
- Good to assist with solving problems
Most energy healers and experts will advise that you meditate in your sacred space. This is simpler than you may imagine and you don’t need a lot of space to set one up.
Simply set your space up so that you have no interruptions while you’re meditating. Have your favourite objects around you, such as crystals, pictures, ornaments, any objects that makes you feel calm and provokes happy memories. Finally, add some nice soothing music or bird song in the background and finish it off with some nice incense or essential oils. Most of all, you should feel safe, calm and happy.
Your sacred space is special to YOU and above are just my ideas to give you an idea of what you can do.
Meditation and Breathing
Prior to any meditation, it’s important that you ground yourself, which can be achieved with a mindfulness breathing exercise.
When breathing in, imagine your breathing in a white healing light or positive energy, breathe this into your heart and imagine it being pumped all around your body.
When you exhale, imagine you’re exhaling all of your negative energy, like stress, anxiety and depression, aches and pains in the form of black smoke and blow it towards the ground.
Breath in the white and out the black.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position
- Gently close your eyes
- Breathe in through your nose while counting to four and notice how your stomach and chest rises, hold for four seconds and then exhale through your mouth while counting to four and notice your shoulders and body relaxing as you do so
- Do the above at least three times and don’t forget to breathe in the white and exhale the black. If you want to do more than three repetitions, please do so until you’re relaxed
- If you notice your attention becoming caught up in thought, just bring your focus gently back to your breathing. It’s normal that your mind may wonder, but never be judgemental or harsh on yourself for thinking, after all it’s only natural to think right?
- When you’re ready, gently open your eyes and bring your attention back to your senses. Feel your body pressing against the surface, start listening to sounds around you and take the time to relax more deeply and appreciate taking time out for yourself
Why am I drawn to particular crystal gemstones?
‘Like attracts like‘, is the reason why we are drawn to particular crystal gemstones, you know, the ones that you just can’t leave behind in the shop. We’ve all been there, but how does this work I hear you ask?
Anything with energy has a vibrating frequency.
Crystal gemstones have energy, lots of it that was created during their formation deep within the Earth’s crust. Crystal gemstones carry the very imprint of the creation of the universe and therefore, crystal gemstones have vibrations.
Of course, us humans have vibrations too!
If our vibration is similar to the vibration of the crystal, we will be attracted to it, ‘like attracts like‘.
If you would like to read more about this, please read my choosing crystals article.
Meditation with crystal gemstones
There are a number of different meditation exercises you can do with your crystal gemstone and they are all included in the handout at the bottom of this article.
It’s important that you create a journal to record your meditation exercises and I have also included a journal handout for you to use as an example.
Over time, you will build up a wealth of information about which crystal gemstone will work for you. You can do this by making a note of the following each time you meditate with your chosen crystal gemstone: –
- Which gemstone did you choose and why?
- What thoughts, emotions and feelings did you observe during the meditation?
- Were these emotions and feelings different to before you did your meditation?
- How do you feel now?
Developing your focus and concentration
By performing a meditation with gemstones, you will also be developing your concentration and focus.
To solely focus on a crystal gemstone, or any object for that matter, for a period of at least three minutes without being distracted by a thought, is a lot harder than you think. If you have tried this during one of my online sessions, you will understand how difficult a task this is. Over time though, it will become easier.
The most important message should you be carried away by a thought is to not chastise yourself. Gently smile and bring your focus back to your crystal gemstone.
I hope that you’ve found this article interesting and that you have enough information to begin your meditations. Let me know how you get on over on the @amandanormangemstones Facebook page and enjoy!